I'm in love.
All those things about love being scary and wonderful are true. It is a feeling so delightful that you can't tear yourself away from it...but so powerful that you feel like the strength of it alone could break your heart.
I'm in love with my husband who has been my faithful partner through 'hell and high water' and who will be the most thoughtful, caring, adoring father to our child. I am in love with this baby, who I haven't even met yet. I am sometimes afraid that the love I feel for both of them will grow so rapidly inside my Grinch-like heart that when we finally meet our child face-to-face, I will simply die from the overwhelming flood of emotion.
I sound melodramatic, but it's true. I now understand why mothers get weepy over the littlest things. Their hearts are so full of love that it seeps right out their eyes.

No comments:
Post a Comment