B + Me = love

B + Me = love

11.17.2009

Up till today...

I tried doing the 'physical' pregnancy journal thing. It's not working out so well. I spend so much time in front of a computer that it is much easier to access an online 'journal' than to actually sit and write out what's going on inside my head. Also, I tend to edit myself when I don't make sense the first time around.

So I gave up on the romanticized image of me as a mother, peacefully and thoughtfully sitting in an overstuffed chair under soft lighting while penning my wisdom and observations about my budding child and the experiences that I will one day pass on to my young ones. Reality: I am an office rat who sits in front of the computer for 8 hours a day under harsh florescent lighting and then goes home to either a television or another computer - or, with the acquisition of my laptop, both!



So here's where we are at today...
19 weeks 1 day



Today is our mid-pregnancy ultrasound. This is the time when the medical profession can measure growth and evaluate health of the little fetus. But for us lay-folk, this is the big day when we have our first real opportunity to discover whether we are cookin' a boy or girl bun-in-the-oven.


And you better believe we are going to find out. B and I are too curious to wait. We also have a great affection for technology and if there is a gadget, widget, or "app for that" we will use it. This is our shot at using that ultrasound technology for its real value. We are on board with shooting sound waves at our child's bits-and-pieces with the purpose of taking a grainy picture and posting it on our refrigerator for all to see.


And who knows...if the little creature cooperates, he/she will probably have a name by the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment