B + Me = love

B + Me = love

12.17.2009

23 weeks 3 days

My child is made of apples.

I eat a raw apple every day. I also drink an apple flavored treat from Starbucks about 4 out of 7 days a week - the latest is the Carmel Apple Spice because it has no caffeine. I had been enjoying an Apple Chai Infusion until I discovered the limited caffeine in that drink. I'm not able to entirely omit caffeine from my diet, but where I can make substitutions, I do. It is now wintertime, so I enjoy warming up apple juice on the stove and putting tasty spices in it such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves...mmmm...so tasty. Also, the sudden surge of apple pie, apple crisp, and the Limited Edition Apple Pie ice cream by Edy's, around Thanksgiving is always welcome. (Oh, sweet bliss!)

Apples are my go-to food. In their original form, they are highly mobile, nutritious, and come in a variety of flavors and textures so I can satisfy the precise craving that I have. Sweet? Sour? Crunchy? Subtle?
It's delicious.

I've even heard that eating the seeds of an apple has an anti-carcinogenic effect. But it has something to do with the process of digestion on those seeds...not entirely certain of the details. Although, it is true that there are trace amounts of arsenic in the seeds, they are still beneficial for your health in small quantities - I don't recommend downing a cup of apple seeds each day. Because I have an offspring in tow, I've foregone the option to sample the seeds. I'll probably start that again randomly in the future. Hey, if eating a few apple seeds occasionally can stop cancer, that's a prescription that I'm willing to take.

I am personally pleased to report that I am holding fast at my 177 lbs - that's a total weight-gain of of 13 pounds since my "confirmatory" doctor visit. Not bad, considering I'm not being wise about my food choices (I used to be), compounded by the fact that I've altogether stopped exercising. (Make good choices!)

The lack of physical activity is getting to me, if not in my bodily structure then inside my head. Sometimes I feel fantastic and other times I feel like a heifer. But last night wash a real doozie. I was feeling tired, so I lounged on my bed, trying for a short nap. My leg felt uncomfortable so I tried adjusting it, only to feel a sharp POP and a corresponding pain! I feel like I may have popped a ligament or muscle - either the notorious Round Ligament or perhaps a Hip Flexor. Either way, that's just not cool. I injured myself taking a nap.
Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment