Yesterday was our first childbirth class. B and I selected the Bradley Method of Childbirth.
We have little assignments like recording everything we eat each day, doing at least 50 Kegel exercises, going to a La Leche League meeting...stuff like that.
I really like the instructor - she's young and energetic and best of all, she's done this first-hand.
The Bradley Method is about natural childbirth - now, before you start hyperventilating like a Lamaze lady in labor, just hear me out.
Dr. Bradley grew up on a farm. He saw that animals didn't freak out when it was time to give birth...they just went and did what they needed to do. He observed those occurrences and took what he learned to the research lab. He tested his theories on nurses - medically trained, pregnant women. He modified their diets, taught them relaxation techniques, and ultimately, assisted in coaching their natural births. He then realized that these women were bonding with him when really, they should be bonding with their husbands. That's when his final triumph of putting the husband in the delivery room right next to their wife was...well...born!
Both B and I want to be fully prepared, trained, and equipped to experience this life altering event. I think we're starting in a good place.
On a different note, B and I filled out more of our registry. There is so much stuff that we need to get/purchase before her triumphant arrival. This online registry is a great way to keep track of the stuff that we need/want. Plus, if I ever have a baby shower, I'll be ready to point people in the right direction about what to get us. (Gift cards are always a plus!)
By the way, the little one is getting bigger. I can feel her squiggling around much more. And her kicks/punches are more frequent - probably because she's bigger and I'm noticing more of the movements she was already doing. I'm so excited to meet her.
No comments:
Post a Comment