B + Me = love

B + Me = love

1.18.2010

28 weeks 0 days

Glucose Test

Last Friday, I arrived at the clinic bright and early (well, it was hazy and foggy...not so bright) and I chugged a solution labeled "fruit punch flavor" and waited an hour for my blood to be drawn.
I FAIL.
I have to return to the clinic this Saturday...bright and early...and do the same only for a 3 hour test.
I hope I pass. I've already been following a good diet as it relates to Gestational Diabetes. At least, I think I have. I really hope I don't have the Dr.'s get involved in what I eat. Or worse yet...try to give me meds or put me on bedrest or something crazy like that.

Baby Loot

On Saturday morning, B and I went to the home of an acquaintance. They offered us clothes and a crib and a ton of baby stuff. We made out like bandits. We are going to give them money...but basically what we can afford. I know this stuff is used, but still, even at garage sale prices we are getting a great deal on everything.
I feel so much better now. We finally started accumulating things to put in the nursery.
The nursery that still isn't cleared of all my office paraphernalia.  *sigh*  One step at a time.


When It Rains, It Pours

I have been concerned that no one has talked to me about having a shower. The last I heard about a "plan" (a term used loosely) was the potentially gratuitous comment, "oh, we will plan your shower!" when some ladies at church discovered that I was pregnant. Clearly, that was a while ago.
All of a sudden, this week I have my Mother in Law contact me about throwing me a shower for the family. The ladies at church contact me with their proposed date for a shower. And my cousin L tells me that she would really like to throw a 'couples shower' for me and B. Um, how cool is that? I was starting to stress about the calendar flipping past and D-day closing in. Now, I feel cool as a cucumber. I'm so thankful that they all are willing to pitch in and make this baby welcome...and help me in a financially tight time.

A One and A Two...

Now that the offspring has passed the 28 week mark, I am supposed to count kicks daily (along with all the other pregnancy related tracking that I'm supposed to do; calories, protein, Kegels...). We are supposed to count at least 10 kicks within 2 hours - that's what the Dr. told me. I read elsewhere that I'm supposed to count 10 kicks within 1 hour.
Last night when I went to bed, B was snuggling the baby while she squirmed, jumped, and basically flipped around like a maniac. We counted 10 kicks in less than a minute. In fact, during the time I've been typing this post I've felt a minimum of 30 movements.
I think she's doing rather well.


General information...at the Dr. appointment on Friday, her heart rate was 140 beats per minute. My weight was 181 lbs. My uterus measured a fraction bigger than expected. And I discovered that the fruit punch flavored glucose drink tastes remarkably similar to a melted Popsicle. All things considered, it was a good day.

We are in the third trimester. It amazes me that in approximately 3 months I will be holding my daughter in my arms and looking into her eyes. I am in awe of this miracle. I wonder how much God loves us when he holds us - when we look into His eyes. How magnificent that He created us to be able to experience a portion of that love for our children - to be able to cooperate with His power to create life. It's overwhelming, the Love that He has for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment