B + Me = love

B + Me = love

4.01.2010

38 weeks 3 days

My Own Spa...

The tub was delivered last night! My midwife brought the tub and set it up for us. It is waiting to be filled with water so that I can take a nightly dip in the pseudo-hot tub.


My blood pressure has been creeping up for the past few weeks and I am in dire need of relaxation. I'm sure that I am simply storing any anxiety/excitement about the birth and not properly dealing with it nor releasing it into the wild, where anxiety belongs. I am not relaxing. At. All.
A nightly dip in the amply sized birthing pool should provide the soothing environment that my overtaxed body desires and so desperately needs. It should also allow for my mind to slow down and stop spinning; constantly working and thinking and fretting and planning...

Throw on some classical music, light some candles, throw in a little aroma therapy and we've got ourselves a spa! (Maybe I can even get B to give me a nice massage...sounds lovely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment