B + Me = love

B + Me = love

4.12.2010

40 weeks 0 days

D-Day

Today is the Estimated Due Date for the Gupling. Happy projected birthday, my little one!

I have to say, for completing my 9th month of pregnancy, I feel fantastic. Last week...not so much. I had no appetite, I was tired all - the - time, I didn't sleep well, and I generally felt like a lazy slob.
Today is totally different. I have been sleeping well for the past couple nights. I woke up with an actual appetite - thank goodness for that! And I have a surprising burst of energy - I feel awake, alert, alive, ENTHUSIASTIC!  I think this is what happens to many women before the arrival of their small offspring. If I could feel this good throughout the next phase, I would love it. Somehow, I suspect this is just a last-ditch-effort at getting nesting done and preparing for the big show.

Day 6 of My Captivity

I am on self-inflicted modified bed-rest. My blood pressure was creeping up too high and my midwife, V, told me to kick back at home before the big day. She said that I need to relax and let my blood pressure regulate. Key word - relax. As if I know how to do that!
I am working from home, which means I'm delegating my responsibilities and checking email occasionally. I did go to the library and select a number of novels to read but I haven't even cracked the cover on any of them. I did a lot of sleeping and lounging on the couch last week. I also have been taking a short dip in the birthing pool at night (oh, so lovely and soothing). All of that must have been good for me because at my last appointment my blood pressure had a marked improvement.

Baby Bump at 40 weeks 0 days


Weight: 175 lbs...what's up with the weight loss? I think a lot of water weight has gushed out because I'm not nearly as puffy as I have been before. In fact, you can see my ankles quite well.
Weight gain/loss: up 11 lbs (crazy stuff!)
Belly button popped? Nope. But it is as shallow as a gene pool in the Appalachians.
Stretch marks?  Nasty and continuing to spread above my belly button and on my thighs.
Movement: The Gupling squirms. Not so much kicking or punching anymore. And there are plenty of hiccups. We need her to get into final position though; she is still head-down but her back is off to the side instead of out front.
Sleep? Was really bad last week but the past two days are fantastic! I slept like a rock.
Food cravings: None. In fact, I had no appetite for food over the past week. Today I actually enjoyed my breakfast, which is an improvement.
Maternity clothes:  I'm getting bored with them. I have a limited wardrobe that equals about one week's worth of clothes. The repetition is starting to get to me. Probably because of the season change. I have a lot of dark clothes and it's Spring now!
Best moment this week? This morning. It's a remarkable day, being a complete 9 months pregnant. I feel energetic and fantastic. This is the best moment.
What do I miss? I miss the feeling that this will go on for a long time. I am a bit sad that this precious time is almost over.
What am I looking forward to? Looking into the eyes of my child.
Weekly wisdom: Enjoy every moment.
Milestones: 40 weeks...check.
Labor signs: Increased energy (nesting), it's easier to drop a deuce these days (looser bowels), Braxton Hicks contractions are notably stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment