My 35/35
Today marks an unusual milestone. It is a fabricated event called the 35/35. It marks the day where you are in your 35th week and only have 35 days until your due date. It's an internet thing, springing from the use of 'tickers' to track your progress. For instance, here is a screen shot of my 35/35 ticker.
The idea that I have only 35 days until my calculated due date has me feeling a little...well...unprepared. I can tell the nesting urge is going to overtake me any moment. I have been increasingly working on projects around the house; cleaning and sorting mostly. But I have been making incessant lists of things "To Do".
Um...it's time to DO.
My baby-dew
The baby is the size of a honeydew melon.
If this is true, she is the most pointy honeydew melon I have ever encountered.
Weight: 187 lbs...still.
Weight gain/loss: up 23 lbs
Belly button popped? Nope.
Stretch marks? Yes.
Movement: Yes. A lot of hiccups. I've heard that hiccups are a sign of good development. Although, that could simply be one of those things they say to pregnant women so that they stop worrying about things that are inconsequential.
Sleep? Getting up to pee twice a night. Probably would do it more if I actually made it to bed before 11:30 every night.
Food cravings: I want lemon poppy-seed bread with a passion. So hungry for carbs!!
Maternity clothes: Interestingly enough, I can still fit into a couple of my non-maternity shirts. Yesterday, I was rocking the stretchy long-sleeved T from Old Navy, with the assistance of a maternity undershirt to cover the baby bump whenever I needed to lift my arms up. Today, I'm styling at work in my large green turtleneck sweater. Boring. But it fits.
Best moment this week? Saturday I had a MASSAGE! It felt so good. My muscles are in desperate need of some intense TLC.
What do I miss? I miss the stability in my hips. It's so irritating to roll over in bed and have my hips POP loudly.
What am I looking forward to? Nesting. I want to get organized so much, it's starting to occupy my every thought.
Weekly wisdom: Think happy thoughts. Fill your mind with positive thoughts about labor and delivery. Don't be afraid. Trust your body.
Milestones: My 35/35...35 weeks and 35 days to go!
Labor signs: It's not a true labor sign, but the baby has started to drop. The pressure in my pelvis is unpleasant.



No comments:
Post a Comment